You will be required to complete models and detail drawings for the purpose of quoting, designing and satisfying customer requirements and aftermarket activities acting as the expert for engineering matters on specific projects. As a Senior Design Engineer you will have a strong understanding of engineering design and manufacturing practices as they apply to the company’s core products and technologies and will in time be required to approve the designs of others. This is a key position within the Engineering organisation and requires the ability to create project plans, allocate engineering resource, set deadlines, and to provide cross-functional support and the right level of customer interface. You will regularly represent the engineering department within the company and occasionally to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design new products in accordance with relevant specifications, company quality procedures and industry standards.
- Produce and check engineering documents (such as drawings, models, Bills of Materials, technical illustrations, manuals, reports and calculations) and basic layouts for designs, or parts of design, ensuring they are completed within the required timescales.
- Carry out initial technical review of client requirements and specifications to define engineering design inputs.
- Ensure all design outputs are in accordance with design inputs.
- Attend design review meetings ensuring commercial awareness.
- Answer internal and external product line technical queries.
- Ensure internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure document numbering and revision control procedures are followed.
- Submit Technical Requisition documents for subcontracted or sub-vended engineering scope.
- Submit Technical Requisition documents for any 3rd party design review or verification.
- Report any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel.
- Ensure that any Engineering relevant Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) are investigated, resolved and documented with engineering participation in root cause analysis.
- Produce project plans for new design work and distribute within functional teams in engineering
- Ensure deadlines of the functional teams are met and provide root cause explanation of when they are not
- First class MEng (desirable)
- BEng qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline (essential)
- Chartered engineer or working towards Chartered engineer status (desirable)
- Working knowledge of designing projects
- Working knowledge within a manufacturing environment
SKILLS, TRAINING, SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and AutoDesk Suite, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MRP/ERP systems) (essential)
- Understanding of ASME VIII Div 1 (desirable)
- Working knowledge in hand calculations, knowledge of design codes. (essential)
- Have an understanding of commonplace industry materials and their application (essential)
- Have an understanding of welding processes and procedures (desirable)
- Knowledge of cryogenics vessel design (desirable)
Telephone +44 (0)191 512 0677 (6 lines)
FAX +44 (0)191 512 0745
2 Gadwall Road, Rainton Bridge South, Houghton le Spring,
Tyne & Wear, DH4 5NL,
General Information / Sales : info@WessingtonCryogenics.com
Directions to Wessington Cryogenics
We are situated just off the A690 between Durham and Sunderland.
Nearest airport : Newcastle International Airport
Nearest Train Station : Durham
Closest Motorway Exit : Junction 62, A1M